'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Friday 9 December 2011

Picture Cruising

I was looking through some of the blogs I follow and found this picture:

From http://designismine.blogspot.com from someone else.

     I really like it. I like that it says semblance. I like that the whole reason for this blog is to not live that. To not be broken up and patched together, but instead to be mended and made whole in God. Guess I liked the reminder of what this really little internet space means to me - just what I'm working in and through and towards. 

     The world has broken people in it - so many people - and it likes it - in so many ways it makes it easier to attack and 'understand' and ignore them - us  - it's complex, but we call it simple - so that we don't have to deal. It's much harder to attack and 'understand' and ignore those who are saved and healed and mended and whole - people try - but it's so not of this world. I guess that's the point, or rather, it's how we become the arrows that point towards the God who saves. It's impossible to do that alone, or by our strength, instead it has to be His...

1 Peter 5:10-11
"After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen."

     Wow - Amen it is. This verse is what it means to be whole to me. To struggle, most assuredly, but to be set apart and to be changed in God. To follow clear directions - because God's voice is always clear and firm and unshakable when we are willing to listen - and then to be like an arrow for others just because we know that all that love, well, it's for all and also all for Him.

No comments: