'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Thursday 15 September 2011

Falling into God

Psalm 59:11
"Don't kill them, for my people soon forget such lessons; stagger them with your power, and bring them to their knees, O Lord our shield."

--> I feel like this is how I came to God. That this is how I still come to God. I forget lessons sometimes. I try to move without Him. I screw up. I fail. I fall. I repent. Then, He absolutely overwhelms me. Simply. Complexly. Completely. Every time I think, pray, read the Word, or even take a moment just to be with Him, He's there. He builds me up - pulls on me. He's perfectly ordered. He's perfectly true. He's perfectly good. He's perfectly love. And He's ours. That drops me quicker than anything else. That we could know Him and live for Him. When we're on our knees, like in this verse, He is our everything... He is our shield...He is our answer. What a time to have in Him... with Him... such that we can carry our belief and our prayers into the rest of our days. Every moment... what a life to give to Him.

I love that this verse is David's wish for his enemies... that they would fall captive to God. What a thing to wish upon our troubles - whether in terms of people or situations. He rules... literally. What problem is so ours that He can't handle it? Chaos becomes order in Him. Paths straighten. Darkness gives way to His Light. People are saved. Miracles happen. Isn't seeing His works awe-inspiring? See them today (well... see 'em tomorrow) in everyone around you. We are all His works. Everyone is given the opportunity to know that, and everyone who refuses will still bow down to Jesus on the last days; but we've been given today... live it out!

No comments: