'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Monday 5 September 2011

The pain and growth found in wise words.

     I've always loved words and now I find even more meaning in them through reading The Bible. I've often spoke about how God sometimes nudges me and how sometimes my listening skills force Him to employ the 'whack-a-lisa' method. There are so many different ways that God tries to get our attention, you can even find His voice when you notice a cloud that is a work of His - we just need to pay attention.

     Many times a person carries a word for us, as we carry some for others. Many times we recognize God in the actions of those around us - and in recognizing that we're also given opportunities to share His love with others. It may seem like a leap, and really it is, but God is there, He is with us. I was reading Luke 5 today and thinking about the different messages I've heard, about how the net that Jesus had the first disciples lower into the waters caught many; How much more would it have been so if they had listened to Him without question. They learned so much that day from their mistakes, they repented, they matured, and though they were afraid, they decided to follow Jesus when He called them to become fishers of men. There are so many nets available to us - we just have to actively choose Him and recognize what's available to us. You know that saying 'they're not playing with a full deck' - you know how it implies that the person is crazy? How much more so are we for not equipping ourselves fully in the things of God?

     I've been getting lots of words lately, ones that I needed to hear. Ones from every which way... ones that unite only under Him... ones that stand. I'm so thankful for them, and for the people He trusts with them. For the opportunity to take those words and grow in them. It's such a sweet pain to grow in Christ - to strengthen. Growing up is never easy, just ask a kid, but knowing what you are working towards is so helpful - so hopeful really - and walking in God provides all. The verse I picked out of my dailies is about those wise words:

Ecclesiastes 12:11
"The words of the wise are like cattle prods - painful but helpful. Their collected sayings are like a nail-studded stick with which a Shepherd drives the sheep."

--> It sounds so harsh at first, but there is such a joy in changing. I'm thankful to be led by God, to be changed and shaped. To be loved enough to have Him desire change in us - it's not for His sake that we are challenged - it's not for His sake that we are saved - it's for His love - His love of us all. All. Know Him.

     Fall's coming and I'm impatient, as you've probably already noticed, but the reason I love it so much is because it's a growth season for me; I know, I know, it's about dead leaves falling to the ground - but I see such life in it! It's just time for a faster pace and a more inclined ear... it's easy to notice everything when the frenzy of Summer passes. Plus, the Jewish New Year starts September 28th and goes until the 30th! New season is coming!

No comments: