'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Thursday 14 July 2011

Solitary Walk.

     My day. I was off - completely and totally free for any and all obligations. Not that I'm usually busy, but there was just something about today. With this time I decided to do something a little crazy. I decided to wander and wonder. I went for the longest walk ever. I sat on a bench and pondered. I read my Bible dailies. I prayed. I praised. I planned to become secure in plans I'm not secure in yet. I made more steps than just the physical kind.

     I ran almost smack into a Butterfly. It was my favourite kind of Butterfly - a Monarch. As a child, a kind lady once gave me a Monarch still in its cocoon so that I could see its metamorphism. I loved it. I released it in our backyard, and I obviously still have a soft spot for them. I followed the Butterfly to the paths. I hit the trails. I saw more Butterflies - it was crazy - they were everywhere.

     I listened to my iPod. Found another favourite song - can't even tell you how many times I played it. Then nature got so loud that I could hear it over my iPod. That was cool. Good combo. Listened to The Oaks on repeat. Got stuck on 'We Love Who You Are'. Love Him and love that the song's just so for Him. For Him not our perceptions of Him. Good way to spend some time. Then, homeward I went. Texted with awesome people - go Oompa Loompa Kate (love her and her blog of awesomeness from a Canadian faith fighting superhero stance. Oompa Loompa transformation: that's a metamorphosis of hilarity, me thinks).

     Spending some time right now with Mr. Si, Sunshine, and Mister Giggles - 'Hotel for Dogs' (I love corn)! I love that today when I was walking I found one of Mr. Si's spots. I love that I knew it was his without him being there. That's happened to me with Nenners too. We unknowingly had the same spot in High School, which happens - its small, but then we had the same one in University too. In a basement. Where we had no classes, by a loud wood-working shop, with the wonderful smell of carpentry and fresh cut wood. Cool times. That's like when I spend time with Seb and Tate and pick up their words, or when I pick up 'who''s voice. Or when I say the things my parents do. Family makes for funny funny things and situations. Anyways, off to add to the funny blog because, of course, things happened. Night!

 








 
 Okay. I know. Photo overload. Long walk though... lots of opportunities. This is my new favourite flower. I just love the ends of the petals. And the colour!



No comments: