'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Vision.

     Service tonight was awesome. It was about getting right with God. It was about the visions God plants in us. It was about the visions that are about bigger things - like those that link up with others and give us a piece of God's plan for the world. It was about our responsibilities in them. It was about how God opens the impossible doors, but leaves ones for us. It was about making a choice to take up the vision for our lives, about being built up in it. Pastor quoted one of my all time favourite verses:

Habukkuk 2:3
"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay."

--> I love it. I have always loved this verse. I spent the better part of my life telling God to wait and it was horrible, but waiting in Him is so different. He has promises for me. He has plans. I know some of them. Sometimes, He says 'wait'. I'll wait. I'll wait until He prepares me - until I'm in the right place and in the right time.

     Pastor also spoke about how this is the time for trials to come up against us. When we get closer to God that'll always be true - we're Christians - we've been called to shine His light where darkness threatens to reign. It can't though. Not for us, and not for those we share His love with. We need to hold onto Hs truth as close as we can. Tight. We need to walk it out.

Psalm 16:7-8
"I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me."

     I'm been feeling this narrowing Holy Spirit push lately, and I've mentioned it here, but tonight I really felt pushed in the word 'precision'. The words this year has put in me have been about connections, about tunnels (about moving forward in them), about Jenga towers, about putting things down, about steadfast joy, about red sea closings, about patience, about doors of hope, about Pendulums vs Plumb lines, about strings & thorns, about narrowing, and now about precision.

     I started praying about precision. Opening doors is scary and this service was about opening doors and moving forth in them. About taking responsibilities. We can't do that without Him. And He is precise. We can't be precise without Him, we try but that's when we fail. It was funny but I started repeating the word precision, writing it on my heart, and I accidentally said persistence. That's applicable to our faith walks as well. Both of these words can be used as excuses though - and since we're trying to step out of those (how else could we take up responsibilities?), we need to be extremely careful. We need to move by God. Not before, jumping into things, and not after, waiting past His time. I tend towards the latter. Both are extremely dangerous, and they both are disobedient to God.

     The other part of the service that sunk in deep was taking up the visions we've received. It was about His promises. Pastor talked about God's promise to Abraham and Sarah. About how they would parent a nation. About how their descendants would be as numerous as the stars. About how accepting that vision with an unwavering faith made the stars shine that promise upon them. It's true, when I understand the things of God, I tie them to the pictures or words He gives me. Stars were always a promise to me - a steadying joy - they were fractals before I had heard the word fractal; I felt big and small looking at them, I felt order. I like tying God's promise from this story to my own acquired definition of stars. It's so amazing what He gives us.

     Those God ties get me through my days. They're why I see His order everywhere. I can look at a cloud or a tree or feel the wind and know that God is a part of everything good. When I have constant reminders like that, when normal things become God things, I can see His hand in the people around me.  In the saved and the lost. It's like rivers in the desert - pathways just appear - then Holy Spirit understanding takes ahold. All we have to do is decide to see Him, see His truth, and to live for Him.

Isaiah 43:19
"Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."

--> The only new things that we can grasp onto are the things of God. Walking towards that is about being stripped of the world, but its painful. Walking that out with Him is about walking in His timing, in His precision, in His order, and most of all, in His love. We can choose to open the doors and walk through them. We choose Him and then we open them. He gives us free will and we choose Him in it. Every time we seek Him first, His voice increases. Every step we make towards Him gives clarity and order, His not ours. Yes, the things of darkness will come against us, but we hold onto Him above all else. He will carry us through. We, in turn, will carry the visions He plants. We will walk out faith. We will walk in obedience and in His timing, because He is everything.

No comments: