'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Saturday 4 June 2011

Chuck Season 4 (epic-ly awesome) Finale!

So, I'm crazy. I am. It's a factoid for you. I love movies and television shows and such, but I'm not really one for current series. It's a crazy person thing. I'm the kind of person who reads the end of the book first, otherwise I can't enjoy it at all. I go crazy thinking about all of the possibilities. I also do this with movies and shows. In an effort to not let myself dwell on things that aren't important, I watch old shows and only watch current shows with 1-3 episode arcs max. You know the type, general ones, good, but not emotionally draining. Chuck is the exception to my rule. It's about a nerd thrust into the world of spies. How could I not love that? It has the essence of 'North By Northwest' and it geek-quotes Star Wars (The Imperial March was in the second last episode! THE IMPERIAL MARCH!), classic video games (Zorg and so many more), The Princess Bride (IN THE SEASON FINALE!), Superman (They had an actor who played him. Er. Shaw... I love you as Superman), Batman (Best Cute-Meet ever - Vicky Vale rap), Star Trek (Robert Duncan McNeill directs it, Scott Bakula's in it, and so many more), Tron (POSTER OF AWESOMENESS and MUSIC), Matrix (What do you know?), War Games (Castle and his Dad), Knight Rider (I don't know why it feels like it in the finale... there's no overt references... I think it's the driving into a truck thing), Lord of the Rings (The One Remote Control that rules them all), and basically anything I find awesome. Huey Lewis songs! Scott Bakula from 'Quantum Leap' (LOVE IT!) is his Dad! Come on! It's epic! I love it too much. I don't sleep when I don't know what's coming. As a defense against this level of insanity, I don't watch it while it airs. I watch it in batches. Safely. Me and Jenn have been watching it with B since I got here. It's been fun times, full of shenanigans. Today we, plus Nieceamine, watched the last two episodes! Amazing! Best Ever! LOVE IT! I wore a Chuck shirt. I got Nieceamine to wear another of my Chuck shirts. I even got Jenn to wear yet another of my Chuck shirts. Suffice it to say, I own way too many Chuck shirts. Jenn admitted that she hadn't worn a tee with a boy on it since her tween years. Impressed I was with her (hehehe... Yoda speak)! Anyways... all that to say I love the show. I would recommend it to non-kids (it's got some if-y things). But, be cool, start it from the first season like a sane person. I could watch it everyday. Anyways... here's to awesomeness:




Off to finish watching 'The Goonies' so I can sleep and be rested for Church! Go be awesome!

No comments: