'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Found while looking for more. Trading in a nomadic existence.

     We're Christians because we looked for more. There was an emptiness in our lives that nothing could fill. We tried stuffing ourselves full of the world. Nothing. Nothing but God. This morning I've been thinking about the emptiness in God's children. In those who don't know that they are God's children. In those who know, but don't feel as though they are God's children.

     There's a weightiness that has come into the world in this past year. There's this sadness. Some days it's worse then others. It feels like people are trying really hard to distract themselves, but when they can't they can't. I know it's a God thing because the weightiness is in everyone at the same times. When you let yourself see where the world is headed it can be scary, but we've looked for more, we've found it, and we have that to rely on. We go through hard times, but there's a hope that comes with our daily faith walk. We can recognize God's love. We can read it in His Word. We can dwell on it in the Spirit. They can't. They can't see what's in front of them. Sometimes it's an honest never having met God thing. Other times, as it was with me, there's a willful decision not to see. Either way, it's sad. Either way, these people are miserable. Sometimes, people go through my cash and I just get overwhelmed. I cry like a baby, then I pray like a warrior. Other times I'm glad. I know that God is using these situations, gently turning them from bad to His kind of good, and leading them back into His arms.

     Giving everything to God is scary. I needed constant lights in my choice to live for Him. He provided them. He provided the moments that led to my salvation, to my homecoming. I was a nomad, not necessarily in the physical (though I had some of that too), but fully in my heart. I was homeless. I never let myself belong anywhere or with anyone. Even now, six and a half years later, I still struggle with this daily. With the idea of being His. With recognizing that He's placed me where I am to be known and to know. I know that that's what these people are facing. There's a fear that comes with such vulnerability, but overcoming it is the only way we can hope to understand the amazing fullness of the love and of the life that our God, our Father, offers us.

     When we demonstrate God's strength in our struggles we show Him so clearly. His love comes across like a beacon. These people, these lost ones, are not looking for perfection in us. They're looking for it in Him. In Him through us. They need to know that we struggle, that faith is hard, and that it's a daily choice. They also need to know that we survive now only through knowing Christ. Not in any way in our own strength. They need to know the truth of our relationship with Him. They need to know that they can seek the truth for themselves. Show Him daily. I needed lights and now I want to be one. Always. For the lost. For Him. That we all may be found in Him.

Matthew 5:16
"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

1 Timothy 6:12
"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called."

Psalm 27:1
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?"

No comments: