'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Tuesday 23 August 2011

I love Pixar!!!



Just watched 'Toy Story 3' with Sunshine, Mr. Si, Mister Giggles, and Nenners! I love and hate that movie so much. Totally cried once again - though not as much as I did in the theatre - I couldn't not cry! It's so emotionally riveting! Nenners cried too. I think I now realize why I'm a toy hound - Toy Story has been one of my favorites since I was 10! And before that it was the ORIGINAL (they re-did it with the same voices, but way less awesomeness - why? WHY?) 'Teddy Bear's Christmas' and 'Teddy Bear's Picnic'! And before that (and even still now) one of my favourite books is 'The Velveteen Rabbit' (love the Michael Landon Jr movie too - so well done). All that to say - toys were always important to me. I love to write and they definitely play a huge part in the growth of imagination and creativity. I always put mine away for a season, but then they trickle back in. 'Toy Story 3' always brings that back - that love of playing and the child heart that always accompanies it. I love Pixar - I love that they've translated their creativity into movies that span generations. I love that they can tell simple stories and just make them crazy good ! Who knew that a story with few words could be brought to life in Wall-E, that we could be introduced to the ocean in 'Finding Nemo', that I could love a movie called 'Cars', that 'Up' would show generations uniting and depict such a sweet courtship and marriage, that you could learn to care and share both responsibility and laughter in 'Monsters, Inc.'! I love it! Seeing the actual house from 'Up' just made part of the Pixar stories real! Whoa, rant over. Night!

No comments: