'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Thursday 18 August 2011

Nieceamine: For Serious Birthday Times!

YAY!!!     

 

     HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIECEAMINE!!! 15! 15 is cool - but you'll make it even cooler! Okay, so you picked a serious blog birthday telling and I'm going to give it to you, but I think I'll throw a funny one in too (when the sun is shining). I can't not - I just spent about 20 minutes scanning through all of my photos and found out that I have no serious pictures of us... none... all are funnies... that's hilarious! This is the closest I have, and I've pretty sure that the only reason I'm not making a face is because I'm concentrating on taking the picture (new camera)!


     Okay, serious it is, I was 9 when you were born... this you know. I never really thought about what it meant to be an aunt. Mine lived far away. It changed me though. When you started talking I started talking differently - I wanted to know that you could hear what I was saying whether you were there or not. You raised my expectations on myself.

     I didn't know you for the first bit of your life, but I'll never forget the first time I met you. You were so cute! That airport had nothing of interest to us but family. Coming back to Canada was a difficult transition for me. I had a horrible time at school most days, but you were there kid, even before you knew how important that was... maybe you don't even know now. I remember getting off the bus on the days you and you're sibs were visiting - you'd be waiting at the bus stop sometimes, and if you weren't, I'd run all the way home to see you quicker. We'd play tons of things, but I think my favourite was the dancing. Veggietales was a rock-a-thon for us. I loved playing crazy person 'Polly Pockets' as you got older too. Now, I just love our silly times. Watching a show or a movie then making it hilarious! Kid, we made an ordinary trip to the bank awesome! We have skills.

     Look, through both the good and the bad seasons, you've been there and even when you were little that was big. What can I say, you're family in the best sense of the word! I just wanted to say how proud I am of who you are, Nieceamine. You'll change and grow as a person always, but there's a stability in you, a direction. You are an amazing person and an extraordinary Niece. I love you muchly.

Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Timmerie Grace said...

Awwww! Thanks Auntamine! Best birthday message ever FOR SERIOUS! I know I may have given you hard times when I was younger with my terribly morbid attitude towards the dying lion in The Lion King, but I think I turned out pretty good thanks to you! ahaha even though I said we only have a relationship through movies and tv shows, I know it is much more then that! Your the Zach to my Slater (I'm sorry but I just had to) and I love you sooo soooo much! I am honestly not surprised that we have no serious photos because we would just be boring. . . I much enjoy ours. have a great day and I will see you very soon!

P.S. Can you emial me the first photo of my interview pic?

P.P.S. obsound. what a great birthday word. I shall forever cherish it in my heart.

Timmerie Grace said...

P.P.P.S. thank God for braces.

P.P.P.P.S. ungne.

Lisa Michelle said...

You're right - it was just the lion problem though (I was crying at 15, you were laughing at 4 - calling for Mufasa to die already), other than that we were always on the same team. Speaking of team - I've got your Papa Christmas (129) convinced... you start working you're little birthday heart on your Grandma! And come on... we're from 'Saved By the Bell' now? (hehehe... I have the whole series up for you... awaiting your arrival)... I'll take it because I'm such a Zach fan. I'll send you the photo, worker one! Love ya and see ya soon! Also... I'm posting on the funny blog... now!

Ps... just think how far we've come with our issue - first bawling oreo and peanut butter break in 'Letters to God', to full out car crying with 'Miracle in Lane 2'. The best part, we're still us, so laughing was involved!

Lisa Michelle said...

Your braces did rock. Told ya :P