'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Saturday 27 August 2011

A Walk in a Creek.

Okay... so it wasn't a running creek... but still... it was fun. The creek by my cottage window is my favourite in the world. It has provided me what feels like billions of moments of entertainment. I came up to the cottage pretty much every weekend growing up, sometimes going freely, sometimes not so much. Either way, Spring and Fall weren't necessarily the best cottaging times for a kid, or a teenager. Winter was sometimes long in coming for tobogganing, and in the same way Summer and it's swimming fun took its sweet time. The creek was my go to entertainment. It was close to the house, so I had free reign. I put on my rainboots and waded right in. I always ended up in the water partially, sometimes even fully, but it was worth it. I was always on the search for the shiniest rocks - I always wanted them to be lost jewels with stories attached to them. I hoped... then I'd walk out of that section of the forest and those rocks would dry off and they'd lose their sparkle. Back to the creek they'd go. This was my view. This was a big chunk of my cottage time, of my childhood. There's a boulder near the bottom of the creek... near where it leads into the lake; I loved it... I thought it was giAHnormous... I thought it would always be that big. Today it was small, but still just as delightful.






No comments: