'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday 22 May 2011

Another one bites the dust

April 12th, 2011 3:20 PM

Long time no write. So, Florida took a lot out of me, so much so that 2 days after returning I dumped my iPhone in a sink full of water! It was like a 3 second shock then I pulled it out, but the damage was done and it, for a time, stopped working. I blamed myself, for 'Monk'ishly washing my hands at work, but come on, I touch groceries (ew the meat and stinky milk) and money (filthiest thing ever) and hand sanitizer (which makes me bleed) all day. My break was done and I couldn't do anything about it, thankfully though my sister was shopping at No Frills at the time and I was told (before all this had happened) to cover a break at the cash she was going through. Only God. She threw it in rice and it's water sucking abilities kicked in. In and around the same time, my PS3 stopped playing movies. Wow, was it ever frustrating. Within days of each other. I was just waiting for my computer to go. Then, I really started thinking about it. Since I moved here I've been struggling with a lot and doing that without as much freedom as I'm used to. My hiding places are gone. There are at least 10 places in Ottawa that I could drive to (no car here) or even walk to - places where I could think, block out the world, or just hide in. I don't have even one place like that here. I knew I wasn't supposed to - got one of those firm from God warnings about it. My sister said that when I can have a place like that again I will and she's right. I'm being pushed out of hiding, not back into it. I know that when I find places here, they'll be places where I think things through, but more importantly, where I pray things through. I want to be changed in them, not just have a place where I mute myself or merely put things aside for a time. Those places will come, but in the meantime I think God's been stripping me of my non-physical hiding places. The phone I use to block out the world and my movie/tv buddy that I use to enter another. My phone's up and running again, but I've been more hesitant in using it, I didn't overuse it to begin with, but my timing with it could be better - oh look, I'm around people, time to disconnect - that kind of bad habit that keeps me closed off. About a week ago I figured out how to fix my PS3, but I haven't done it yet. I don't want these things to be my connectors to the world anymore. That's all for now.

1 John 2:15

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Psalms 94:22
"But Jehovah hath been my high tower, And my God the rock of my refuge."

--> My new hiding place

No comments: