'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday 29 May 2011

Sundaes vs Sundays (hint: fill me up)

So. Today's blog is random. Yet again. It's been hot lately, not nice hot, but sticky humid filled ickiness. Today it's pretty ugly, but at least it's cool out. Generally speaking though, now is the time for Ice Cream Sundaes. Here's the thing about Sundaes though - they just don't stick. They're good for a moment, but then they get weird. And don't they just make you thirsty? I get about halfway through cold things then it's like bring on the water. Aftertaste too. They present a good front, a pretty picture. The real truth of it that there's just no substance to them. I'm getting sick of things without substance. I want things of lasting value instead. I pick the things I can get from a Sunday instead. I want to let God work and pull things of me. I'm done with willfully putting junk in. I don't want fluff; I want to be filled with the things of God. I'm done with merely appearances - in both things and in my walk. I'm working towards more. Inside and out.

1 Peter 3:3-4
"Do not let your adornment be merely outward arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."

No comments: