'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday 22 May 2011

Pulling Things Out (and putting things in)

May 21st, 2011 10:52 PM

Psalms 118:6-8
"Jehovah is on my side; I will not fear: What can man do unto me? Jehovah is on my side among them that help me: Therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to take refuge in Jehovah Than to put confidence in man."

--> Fear's been my thing since I was a kid. It was the one constant in my life. As such, there was comfort in it. That's so wrong. I've been trying to set it aside since I moved here, but now I just want it ripped from me. I don't want to be wrapped in it. I don't want it to have a place in every area of my life, in every area of my thoughts. I don't want it intertwined in my heart anymore. I want to change against my very core nature. I want to set aside the fears and routines I so deeply love with a twisted natural love. I want to love good things in the pure and strengthening way that God means us too. I want to live out the love depicted in Jesus's life. I will rely on Him. I will not numb myself. I will not rest on the words and opinions of mere men. I will not try to carry things myself. I will see the world through the Holy Spirit. I will be a light-giver by demonstrating and leading to the true life-giver. I will rely on Him. I trust in Him. I love Him. I will recognize His love for me. For the world.

No comments: