'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday 22 May 2011

Failures

May 8th, 2011 11:38 PM

Christians that fail. It happens. Today's services about seeking knowledge from God's word hit well. The importance of building the foundation of our lives on God's word. When we don't - that's when we fail. That's when we try to rely on the natural. Thats when we start to believe in anything but the truth. When we try to be built up by mankind - we lose. Any and all relationships cannot be lasting or fruitful without God. We have to seek God, not glory for us or for others. I don't want be be full of reverence for a person, to pin my hopes and dreams and worth on my family and others in my life. Those relationship are meaningful and I'm trying to be respectful in saying that I want to live a life with reverence for God alone.

John 5:43-44
"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. How can ye believe, who receive glory one of another, and the glory that cometh from the only God ye seek not?"

John 12:43-46
"for they loved the glory that is of men more than the glory that is of God. And Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. And he that beholdeth me beholdeth him that sent me. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me may not abide in the darkness."

John 7:18
"He that speaketh from himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh the glory of him that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him."

--> It's so easy to turn to away from recognizing God's role in our lives. We're supposed to find value in Him. The darkness of this world is most dominant in our lives while we try to find a place in it. We've been set apart for God's purposes. There is nothing outside of God that is worthy of glory. We lose when we move away from that. Jesus came to pull us out of that. We need to trust in God.

Joshua 24:15
"And if it seem evil unto you to serve Jehovah, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve Jehovah."

Philemon 1:14
"but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will."

--> We need to choose Him for ourselves. Free will. We can't choose to believe for others and neither can we force people to conform to our beliefs. We need to stand in truth, to let God reign without muddying up His shining light with our sin stained hands. Serving God is such a privilege, not something to be taken lightly. It's a responsibility. It's difficult. It's a choice He gives us. It's worth everything. Worth all of us.

No comments: