'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday 22 May 2011

Canyons, Echoes & Reverberations

March 8th, 2011 5:57 PM

Highs and Lows. Hope in God. There is a song by Chris August called 'Canyons' about rejoicing through the mountains and valleys of life. I really like it. The idea of choosing joy has been stuck in my spirit for awhile now. Everything changes when I express joy in God; My worries fade away, people become nicer, situations are turned around and my day starts to focus more on Him and less on myself. Anyways, the song is also cool because it talks about crying out in the depths of the canyon, which really got me thinking on echoes. On the steady and somehow rising sound that exists within them. Those reverberations turned my thoughts towards Church. Towards breakthroughs and prayer and just praise - that in those things, those times when we're so surrounded by and just living in God, that we as a body move off of each other. That the more we give during these times the more that comes and the more that we can give. This crazy cyclical journey that is somehow still being pushed upwards - perhaps a circle lifted by His hand. Like a delicate bubble on a windy day - one that's carried so high by the wind that we can no longer see it. I just started to see this aspect of the Church as a God given ability - a gift for His followers - a way to build up and be built up. I love people, I really do, but I struggle around them - seeing the Church in this light was a comfort to me and it filled me with an understanding and a willingness to be part of this plan. Echoes. They will never be just echoes again, but will be yet another word that pulls me closer to God.

No comments: