'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Saturday 28 May 2011

Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury

Okay. I'm a cornball. The book 'Unlocked' by Karen Kingsbury is corny and more. Much more. I love it. It's a true life to fiction story about an autistic boy, Holden, who has these amazing freedom moments. It shows the simple and complex faith that Holden has, the faith that his family needs, and the faith walk of Holden's childhood friend Ella. It's about trying to understand people and about learning from different people's faith. Just found out a couple of days ago that it's going to be a movie! Thought I'd share the trailer. It's beyond corn, but I'm still excited! The book is so awesome though! Read the book for now! I shall review the movie when it's released! Except that I can't find out when! It may have already been released! Weird. I hope it doesn't get lost like Ted Dekker's 'Blink' movie.



Here's a note of encouragement from Karen Kingsbury's letter to the reader:
"Finally, I dealt with the idea that there are many ways to be locked in your own world. Life is too short to be anything but real with the cast of characters God has placed in the story of your life. Love well, laugh often, and find your life in Christ. Don't hide away or be a follower. Be the wonderful unique person God made you to be, and know that your purpose will always be best when defined by your faith in Him."

No comments: