'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday 22 May 2011

Raised by God

May 19th, 2011 6:55 AM

Col 3:1-2
"If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth,"

We are in the life-long process of being raised by and to God. As a child I would have these God moments, these comfort moments really, ones in which I was wrapped in Him. That's really the beginning of my salvation - those God loves me moments that end up leading us to Him. Then, knowing that He loves us, we start getting built up in Christ. We grow. We set things aside. We pick up the responsibilities we have in Him. We change. We mature. We learn His Word. We stand firm. Then, when we have problems, we seek Him first. When we break or make a mistake, He's there:

Psalms 145:14
"Jehovah upholdeth all that fall, And raiseth up all those that are bowed down."

--> We will be caught in His love. Raised up in it. We will be alive in it. We have been saved in it. Loved in it.

I've got Gungor's 'Bright Day' in my head. We may not be there yet, but God's love is going to overwhelm everything else. Seriously. Scarily. Perfectly.

The truth of being lifted up by God when we fall always brings that 'Footprints' prayer into my head. I think I was about 12 when I first read that and it just grabbed me. I desperately wanted more and I knew the answer was God. I still wasn't willing to live for Him at that point, but I knew the truth of Him that I was trying to avoid. Reading the verse is so much more powerful. Knowing He's there in our struggles is key. It's how I first felt God and how I first started on the path to finding Him. I think about it whenever pain threatens to overwhelm people, because I know, without a doubt, that God's waiting for them to choose Him and accept His comfort. To let Him build them up in His great love.

No comments: