'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday 22 May 2011

Vacation: Day 12 - Airplane Logic

March 27th, 2011 3:27 PM

Flying. I usually love it, but I picked a boring a book! 11 days is just too long for a beach vacation, I'll be glad to get back to a routine. I'm flying over a sea of clouds. I can't believe I was bored. Even the idea of flying, of this huge piece of metal gracefully cutting through the clouds, astounds me. Earlier, as we flew over the ocean, I looked out at the clouds and the clear blue of the waters and it truly looked as though we were upside down. I felt like I was on the ground looking up. These are the times when I think in terms of the whole world. The order of our world and our lives is so magnificent. To think of the creativity and inventiveness nourished in us - to those who were given pictures of airplanes and other game-changing ideas and items and plans - to think that God brought them to light. That I can see the world from this airplane's window right now, in this moment. That we can relate, are related to, the family and friends placed at our sides. That we have been given a choice, THE choice, to live for Him. Choosing Him over everything else. That we are loved and that when we declare our love for Him, and follow His word in obedience, and seek His truth in every situation, that we can walk fully in faith and become a part of God's plan for this world and into His Kingdom. It's too much to fathom and too much to attempt to share, mostly because it's at our core - the Spirit that is alive in Him. I think that's why Church is so crazy - everyone coming together for Him overloads the natural parts of us and of this world and leads everyone into the super-God realm of His Glory. I want that, and not the routine I was anxious to get back to when I started this. I want to be alive and living for Him. Shaking for Him. Being a light in this world using His love and absolute truth to draw His Children to where they belong. To where every single person belongs; whole and in His Presence. Listening to 'God I look to You' by Jenn Johnson and Bethel Church. It's my prayer for the day. It should be for everyday. I'll make that happen - I'll choose it and declare the words with surety in my voice. A voice lifted to Him (though not musically - I'm tone-deaf here) - I'll put aside the melancholy and selfish desires I fall back to and walk towards Him. That was my vision for this year - to know and to be continually moving towards Him - I will put those truths on as coverings of my heart and let them, like magnets, pull that not of Him from me and stop any incoming attacks on that heart of mine, as it is all of our weakest point. I leave off with Proverbs because I know things get pulled out of me all the time and because it gives me hope. Always. I pray that on my last days, here on this earth, that the work in my heart will still be happening - that I will not become hardened or closed off to what needs to be aligned with His word and His will. To go to Him with choices made for Him. Evergrowth, patience, and steadfastedness. I'm learning.

Proverbs 4:23
"Keep thy heart with all diligence; For out of it are the issues of life"

Psalm 65:8
"Those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders. From where the sun rises to where it sets, you inspire shouts of joy"


No comments: