'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday 22 May 2011

Obedience

February 23rd, 2011 10:24 PM

Obedience. That was the message tonight. Drummed into my head, slammed into my spirit, and written on my heart. Sunday was a big step for me. Baptized in obedience to His will and a time of putting myself aside. The trifecta of God's work in my life became apparent to me. Obedience, truth, and love. This is my new faith pattern. I gave my voice in obedience to God - and I know I'll be called to do that often. I've been trying hard to be truthful since I first moved here - I have a horrible tendency of being honest in big things but using little unimportant lies to maintain control, horrible I know - but at least it's something I see clearly now. That type of truth is important - super important, but tonight, for me, this truth was God. Purely God - that I would have to operate in obedience, truth, and love to reach Him; and most importantly that if these things weren't together I wouldn't be able to find Him as He really is and would follow my perception of Him instead. I don't want that. I want to love the real Him and feel His love. I want to be in awe. Completely in awe of His majesty. To never think I understand Him fully. To be humble before Him, because of Him. I know I will never exist without struggling against this trifecta - but to know clearly where I struggle makes me feel as though I've been given a part of His strategy in my life, because I know there is one. There is purpose. And I am loved and have been created to love and live for Him.

Psalm 51:12
"Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and make me willing to obey you."

Deuteronomy 12:32
"What thing soever I command you, that shall ye observe to do: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it."

No comments: