'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday 22 May 2011

REMEMBER. Whack-a-Lisa vs Nudges. God Moments. Seek Wisdom.

April 17th, 2011 3:11 PM

So. I'm done. Done with keeping myself in a position where I have to keep catching up. Done with leaving things that I know need to be changed until the last moment, when I understand that I'm on an edge and I finally let God hit me with His truth. I want to be sensitive enough to feel His nudge. I want that nudge to be enough to motivate me. I know His truth is His in both the great hits (Whack-a-Lisa) and in the nudges; that it's an equal measure. There are no fractions or partialities in Him. We make an all or nothing choice - truth, power, and love - they're in His hands - we can't understand them with our world-glasses on. We can't hear or see them and we're not operating in enough wisdom to know that His love and the Word need to be wrapped around and written on our hearts. Our misused or biased words strip away the power of His. We lose when we let lies come into our hearts. When we accept a changed version of His truth its no longer His at all but the worlds; I for one do not want to be directed by the standards or views of this world, being in a position where I'm working against God. Truth hits happen - they need to and I'm so thankful for them - but they need to be biblically based and spiritual felt and accepted. I know I need to work on this. I desperately want to be attuned to the things of God, to be able to know that I'm letting Him be the steerer of my thoughts, decisions and future. I need to put worries aside. I need to get nudged, and hit if I'm being particularly stubborn, but mostly I just need to be doing what everyone needs to - I need to be seeking God and to be moving towards Him in all areas of my life; Jesus gave His life for me and I can't let myself forget that I'm giving mine right back to Him. Especially in this Passover season. I need to write the word 'Remember' everywhere. I have chosen to believe in God and that will stand, but I don't want to believe and still choose to forget the pain and passion of our Messiah's death, the joy of His resurrection, and the absolute and astounding gift He made of our salvation. Please God, keep me from making that rock light (Deuteronomy 32:15). Humanity is full of pain, there is so much that we could choose to remember, or rather to wallow in. There is sadness that needs to be felt, but there's life too. There are stories that are deeper - times where we as a body of people, as His children, were able to overstep the norm, the situations, and the hardships that come against us; Those moments where people stand for each other, rescue people, times when miracles happen - when people and bibles are brought through borders unseen, when healings occur, and in those precious moments when someone gives their heart to God, when a child is born and even when someone goes home with God. Those moments that move us, even the silly videos that just give us a pure laugh, those weren't ours alone - they were God moments - moments that we gave to Him and moments that He changed. We all know what the moments we don't give to Him look like - the pain and tragedy that happens in that separation. We were made by God for God. Amazing things happen in Him. I just want to look to Him and to change in Him.

Luke 11:35-36
"Look therefore whether the light that is in thee be not darkness. If therefore thy whole body be full of light, having no part dark, it shall be wholly full of light, as when the lamp with its bright shining doth give thee light."

1 John 2:21
"I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and because no lie is of the truth."

Luke 12:2-3
"But there is nothing covered up, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. Wherefore whatsoever ye have said in the darkness shall be heard in the light; and what ye have spoken in the ear in the inner chambers shall be proclaimed upon the housetops."

Deuteronomy 12:32
"What thing soever I command you, that shall ye observe to do: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it."

--> Again with this verse. It's just so important. To follow His word completely without changing it to suit our personal desires. It's the only way to understand and share His love.

No comments: