'Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers' - Hans Christian Anderson

Sunday 22 May 2011

Assuaged

April 19th, 2011 12:34 PM

Assuaged. That's the word that describes what God's doing in my life and in the Church. He's easing and lifting and healing pains. He's building us up and getting us ready for more of Him and more in Him. We really are getting ready to dwell. We are preparing to be members of God's pulling team - to draw people in and just spread this fire. To let it burn and cleanse us. Our faces will glow as the truth and joy of God alights in us. There was a time when I first knew God when strangers would just say 'you must know God' to me - it was a fact and there was no question about it. I lost that in my stubbornness, in my unwillingness to be a part of a body of believers, but I'm getting it back. I've been asked if I know God from time to time since then, but it's always in the moments I give to Him - times that I set aside for prayer and praise (that's why I like my cashier job); Before though, before I was just being still in God when people mentioned Him, and I feel like I'm being led back into those still waters. Into the place of faith where influence just happens - where it's not even something we have to work at because it's His works and He's just there. Always.

Luke 21:19
" By standing firm, you will win your souls. "

Psalms 23
" Jehovah is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside still waters. He restoreth my soul: He guideth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup runneth over. Surely goodness and lovingkindness shall follow me all the days of my life; And I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah for ever. "

Main Entry: as·suage (http://i.word.com/idictionary/assuage)
1 : to lessen the intensity of (something that pains or distresses) : ease
2 : pacify, quiet
3 : to put an end to by satisfying : appease, quench
synonyms: relieve

--> Every point of this definition is applicable to the Church! It's the very way God changes things! It outlines our journey in God!

1. Turn past into works of God - lessen the emotions and move forward in it.
2. Steadiness of His joy. Find stillness. A stabilization in Him!
3. Finding fullness in God! Fire comes! Moving forward into revival!

No comments: